Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default How about a blister report, Capt. Skippy?

On Thu, 31 Oct 2013 16:37:37 -0400, "Flying Pig"
wrote:

from a blower we used to use on the alternator
before we figured out what was causing the horrible failure rate

====

I have my own tales of alternator failures, finally resolved. Don't
think I've heard about yours. Our failures were caused by the *very*
large house bank (8 HD golf cart batts in series-parallel), which
appeared to the alternator more or less as a dead short when they were
in need of a serious recharge. The solution was a controlled series
resistance consisting of 10 ft of #4 wire which was just enough to
limit the current inrush to acceptable levels.