posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising
Sir Gregory Hall, Esq· Sir Gregory Hall, Esq· is offline

Default How about a blister report, Capt. Skippy?

"Flying Pig" wrote in message
Greg/Neal/Wilbur, your spewing left below for reference:

Are you suggesting that you have water in your bilge, from the rain?

We get a few drips from the packing glands, and NOTHING inside the boat from
green water or rain...

No blisters, either...

You just haven't looked closely enough. I bet you do, indeed, have new
blisters forming.

No rain water in my bilge. I have no packing gland for salt water ingress
either. My bilge has dust bunnies and little, itty bitty, white spiders/webs
in it.

The sump in the bilge where I have my bilge pump inlet located sometimes
gets wet because the ice box drains into it. But, I don't put ice in my ice
box because it's a refrigerator. But, from time to time a can of beer or two
will spring a leak and the contents end up in the bilge sump. They make
beer cans too thin these days, IMO. But, I do keep a 12 pack of canned
beer in the vertical freezer (evaporator) as I love ice-cold beer and also
they
work as a holding plate of sorts but sometimes if they freeze solid they
break. The cooler, very sunny days cause my photovoltaics to top out
the voltage regulator at 14.5 volts so, under those conditions, the
Adler Barbour works very well.

Today, I plan to enjoy a nice, cold bottle of white zinfandel wine. I'm
celebrating some old asshole on a shabby looking Morgan named
"Moria" who has a noisy wind generator, a constantly barking dog
and a portable gas generator running day and night finally leaving the
anchorage. So obnoxious having to listen to that crap.

--
Sir Gregory