Nick

Default RENAME uk.rec.boats.power to uk.rec.boats.motor

In article ,
writes
On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 09:16:57 +0000 (UTC), "Phil Thomas"
wrote:

Yes. A good idea. This group is seriously under used

The charter also needs to be modified

"uk.rec.boats.power will discuss power boating in UK waters and the
activities of UK powerboaters elsewhere. Power boat sports (eg racing,
water skiing and jetskiing) are valid topics except where covered by a
more specific group"

I personally think a new group is required.

I would vote for a new group, I will vote against just a name change
as it will simply cause confusion.

The charter *has* been modified. You quoted the charter for the original
group. Ok it hasn't changed much, but replace all instances of "power"
with "motor" and delete jetskiing and you have the charter of a group
that discusses motor boating and the activities of motor boaters.

No confusion at all...
--
Nick