Richard

Default RFD: RENAME uk.rec.boats.power to uk.rec.boats.motor

Nick wrote:

I have carried out my own non-scientific research - asking users that
participate why they joined the group, how long it took them before
noticing the group and joining it, asking in UK web-based boating

forums
why people don't post to u.r.b.power, asking those who post to the US
biased rec.boats why they don't post to uk.rec.boats.power. And

without
exception, every single person that expressed an opinion said that the
name .power had put them off - they thought it was a racing group.

As far as I am concerned, you are right. I'm sure folks see the word
"power" in the title, and straight away think racing boats. So, they
look for another group.

I'd say a name change would be beneficial.