Michael O'shea

Default RENAME uk.rec.boats.power to uk.rec.boats.motor

Most motor boat owners post to uk.rec.waterways.

Most don't post at all :-)

So what? You could say that about any interest group.

Only a tiny percentage of boat owners use inland waterways

Only a tiny proportion of those with internet access use news groups.

Again, so what? Try making a point that makes sense.

group is not really a boating group.

It's a waterways group used by a large number boat owners and boaters
of all persuasions. I don't have a narrow boat or even a motor boat,
but I still find it one of the best boat groups in the world.

I have a motor boat, and the use of "inland waterways" put me off that
group, much as "power" put others off this one. If "inland" is one of the
best boat groups in the world then stay there.

only slightly greater than zero most days.

Doh - I thought that was the point of the proposed change?

It ain't broke.

and if it aint used, what's the point of renaming it?

It is broke. Change the name.

Mike