iBoaterer[_4_] iBoaterer[_4_] is offline

Default Good news for middle America

In article ,
says...

On 10/19/13 5:14 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
On 10/19/13, 8:09 PM, Califbill wrote:
"F.O.A.D." wrote:
Sen. Bernie Sanders was appointed to a Senate and House budget
conference
committee to create a long-term budget plan by Dec. 13 to avert another
government shutdown. A member of the Senate Budget Committee, Sanders
said he looks forward to developing an alternative to the stopgap,
sequestration-level budget that Congress approved late Wednesday as part
of an agreement to reopen the government. ?I am excited about being a
member of the budget conference committee and I look forward to working
with my Democratic and Republican colleagues to end the absurdity of
sequestration and to develop a budget which works for all Americans. In
my view, it is imperative that this new budget helps us create the
millions of jobs we desperately need and does not balance the budget on
the backs of working people, the elderly, the children, the sick and the
poor,? Sanders said.

Now, we need Elizabeth Warren on the conference committee.

Would have been nice if the Senate had done their Constitutional job of
submitting a budget for the last 6 years. I feel they should all be
arrested and go to jail for unlawfully taking their pay.

I don't think most Americans support the Zell Miller approach of blowing
up the government, Bilious.

What the hell is wrong with requiring the Senate to produce a budget?
Required by law for one thing!

Uh, the president submits a budget to Congress......