F.O.A.D. F.O.A.D. is offline

Default Good news for middle America

Sen. Bernie Sanders was appointed to a Senate and House budget
conference committee to create a long-term budget plan by Dec. 13 to
avert another government shutdown. A member of the Senate Budget
Committee, Sanders said he looks forward to developing an alternative to
the stopgap, sequestration-level budget that Congress approved late
Wednesday as part of an agreement to reopen the government. “I am
excited about being a member of the budget conference committee and I
look forward to working with my Democratic and Republican colleagues to
end the absurdity of sequestration and to develop a budget which works
for all Americans. In my view, it is imperative that this new budget
helps us create the millions of jobs we desperately need and does not
balance the budget on the backs of working people, the elderly, the
children, the sick and the poor,” Sanders said.

Now, we need Elizabeth Warren on the conference committee.