Charlemagne Charlemagne is offline

Default Smart TVs

On 10/15/2013 8:23 PM, Earl wrote:
True North wrote:
My old Sony Wega Trinitron HD tv finally started acting up. a couple
seconds after I turned it on it would shut off.. I had a couple
seconds of audio but no picture.
After exploring a couple of self help sites, I decided to move on up
to the 21st century and get an LED TV.

Decided on an LG 47" 'Smart TV'
It has multiple USB and HDMI inputs for I can play the series and
movies my son downloads on his computer and brings to me on a thumb
drive... such as Sons of Anarchy.
I now have it hooked up to my wireless computer router so I can load
Netflix, YouTube etc.

It was only $100.00 more than the standard 47" HDTV so I hope it's
worth it.
Anyone have suggestions on uses.. so far I haven't found out if I can
monitor newsgroups while enjoying network viewing.

Oh yeah.. that old tube style TV that served so well for 8 years...
loaded it and the wife's tv on my Mission utility trailer for a last
trip to the electronic recycle depot.
That thing weighed 142 pounds... I could feel it in my back the next day.

#1 Your Sony Wega is/was not an HD TV.
#2 You need to buy ANYTHING that is "smart".
#3 Your son is bringing you illegal downloads.
#4 If you feel the need to "monitor" newsgroups while you watch TV your
life is more pathetic than your tax-cheating buddy Harry.
#5 I hope your wife helped you back your utility trailer into your
driveway and you didn't kill any innocent children.

snerk