Dave Pseudonym

Default plastic fuel tanks

Sandy Morton wrote in message ...
In article , roddytoo
wrote:
I leave mine in the back of the car when filling, that way they don't
see.

Some years ago our local garage decide to stop selling petrol. At the
time I had a Subaru Sumo van and to help out the old folk who rarely took
their cars to the mainland I offered to bring some cans of petrol back.
The young lady on the checkout was a bit concerned when I put 45 gallons
of fuel into the petrol tank:-)

I ran into trouble doing this. I filled the car (21 gallon tank, 95
litres, almost empty) and then carried on with the jerry can. I got
about 7 litres in the jerry can and the pump stopped. Turns out
Safeway have a 100 litre limit on all transactions. That's about 22
gallons, so you did well there.

Ixion