F.O.A.D. F.O.A.D. is offline

Default Smart TVs

On 10/15/13, 10:31 AM, wrote:
On Tue, 15 Oct 2013 05:56:59 -0700 (PDT), True North
wrote:

My old Sony Wega Trinitron HD tv finally started acting up. a couple seconds after I turned it on it would shut off.. I had a couple seconds of audio but no picture.
After exploring a couple of self help sites, I decided to move on up to the 21st century and get an LED TV.

Decided on an LG 47" 'Smart TV'
It has multiple USB and HDMI inputs for I can play the series and movies my son downloads on his computer and brings to me on a thumb drive... such as Sons of Anarchy.
I now have it hooked up to my wireless computer router so I can load Netflix, YouTube etc.

It was only $100.00 more than the standard 47" HDTV so I hope it's worth it.
Anyone have suggestions on uses.. so far I haven't found out if I can monitor newsgroups while enjoying network viewing.

Oh yeah.. that old tube style TV that served so well for 8 years... loaded it and the wife's tv on my Mission utility trailer for a last trip to the electronic recycle depot.
That thing weighed 142 pounds... I could feel it in my back the next day.

I have had a PC connected to our main TV for over a decade. There are
quite a few TV services you can get over the net now but it is also
good for slide shows, playing MP3s (if you have a good sound system)
and playing your own home videos.
When we were in Oregon I set my video camera next to the mini rapids
behind the house we rented and got a view of that from a couple
angles. Then when we were in Yachats I got some good video of the surf
crashing on the rocks.
We put those up on the TV with the MP3 player running in the
background for a soothing diversion.

Do these TVs have a blue tooth mouse and keyboard?

I used my bluetooth Apple keyboard to set up some of the "extra"
services that came with a TV I got my wife for her birthday. Didn't try
a bluetooth mouse, didn't notice whether I could.