Thread: Smart TVs
View Single Post
  #4   Report Post  
posted to rec.boats
external usenet poster

First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Aug 2008
Default Smart TVs

On Tue, 15 Oct 2013 05:56:59 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

My old Sony Wega Trinitron HD tv finally started acting up. a couple seconds after I turned it on it would shut off.. I had a couple seconds of audio but no picture.
After exploring a couple of self help sites, I decided to move on up to the 21st century and get an LED TV.

Decided on an LG 47" 'Smart TV'
It has multiple USB and HDMI inputs for I can play the series and movies my son downloads on his computer and brings to me on a thumb drive... such as Sons of Anarchy.
I now have it hooked up to my wireless computer router so I can load Netflix, YouTube etc.

It was only $100.00 more than the standard 47" HDTV so I hope it's worth it.
Anyone have suggestions on uses.. so far I haven't found out if I can monitor newsgroups while enjoying network viewing.

Oh yeah.. that old tube style TV that served so well for 8 years... loaded it and the wife's tv on my Mission utility trailer for a last trip to the electronic recycle depot.
That thing weighed 142 pounds... I could feel it in my back the next day.

I can't imagine anyone wanting to monitor newsgroups while watching TV. You select an input; HDMI,
TV, Computer, etc, and whatever is connected will be what the TV shows. I've never heard of one on
which you can display multiple inputs, but maybe yours is 'smart' enough to do that.

John H. -- Hope you're having a great day!