True North[_2_] True North[_2_] is offline

Default Smart TVs

My old Sony Wega Trinitron HD tv finally started acting up. a couple seconds after I turned it on it would shut off.. I had a couple seconds of audio but no picture.
After exploring a couple of self help sites, I decided to move on up to the 21st century and get an LED TV.

Decided on an LG 47" 'Smart TV'
It has multiple USB and HDMI inputs for I can play the series and movies my son downloads on his computer and brings to me on a thumb drive... such as Sons of Anarchy.
I now have it hooked up to my wireless computer router so I can load Netflix, YouTube etc.

It was only $100.00 more than the standard 47" HDTV so I hope it's worth it.
Anyone have suggestions on uses.. so far I haven't found out if I can monitor newsgroups while enjoying network viewing.

Oh yeah.. that old tube style TV that served so well for 8 years... loaded it and the wife's tv on my Mission utility trailer for a last trip to the electronic recycle depot.
That thing weighed 142 pounds... I could feel it in my back the next day.