Hank©[_3_] Hank©[_3_] is offline

Default value of unions

On 10/13/2013 11:29 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 13 Oct 2013 10:22:04 -0700, Bill McKee
wrote:

On 10/13/13 10:10 AM, iBoaterer wrote:
In article ,
says...

On Sun, 13 Oct 2013 11:25:03 -0400, iBoaterer wrote:

In article ,
says...

That was before OSHA, labor laws and TV lawyers.

Which came about because of organized unions.

Like most things, they ran out of things to make better so they
started making things worse and now they are done.

Things are worse now because we don't have kids 10 years old getting
hands severed, working 15 hour days in unsafe factories with no safety
equipment, if you get hurt you are just out of a job, bosses that beat
them to get more production, and on and on? Really?

Things are worse in union states because companies are moving to right
to work states ... and we don't have 10 year olds getting their hands
cut off, without the union.

Oh ****!!! You've GOT to be kidding me!!!! Of course you don't have kids
getting hands cut off, laws and work rules are in place because of the
unions of the past. That above is just silly and something I'd expect of
Scotty.

The problem with unions, especially "public service unions" is
extortion. BART rapid transit has already struck once and the 60 day
cooling off period is expiring. They demand 4% a year for the next 4
years. Lowest paid starting job is janitor. $57,000 a year. Train
drivers are making $70k a year. GED or HS diploma required. Maybe.
They pay $93 a month for their health plan, no matter how big the family
is. Fully paid retirement plan. Making more than teachers, and most of
the riders. Lots here have taken big cuts in pay, or lost their jobs.
2600 applicants when ever a BART job opens up. The union demanding a
raise while vastly overpaid or they shut down the commuter trains for a
half million riders. Extortion.

Public service unions also sit on both sides of the bargaining table,
since they have tremendous political power and they control the
politicians who are supposed to counter their demands.

Just look at what is going on in Detroit, LA or Atlanta.

Detroit City. The model for aspiring union towns.