rich ®

Default engine help required

ive got an evinrude 35 3 cylinder, power tilt ect. i had a problem today
with it, that when i put it into reverse it went forward instead of
backwards which caused me to nearly take the front off my boat and another,
now ive only got forward gears.

and when its in neutral now, the engine starts ok, but the prop turns.
any reason why this should suddenly developed this fault any reason why it
should only go forward when i put it into reverse ?

i had a problem five minutes earlier, where it would rev but not go
anywhere, not sure if that has any bearing on it? but that seemed to clear
its self.

many thanks richard

rich ®