Ray Norrish

Default Bayliner Boats - Are they any good

"Nick" wrote in message
In article , Ray Norrish
writes

"Nick" wrote in message
In article , Ray Norrish
writes
Indeed.
If rec.boats was anything to go by as well. There's a current thread
regarding build quality too.

You get what you pay for. They are one of the cheaper US manufactures,
but I have a 2002 run-about and it is by far better than either of my 3
previous English-built boats.

[snip]

Depends what those 3 "English-built boats" were. Maybe they were just

"old"
or badly maintained?

A Fletcher, a Bristol and a Waverider (Shakespeare).

The fact is, irrelevant whether the boat is American or English - that
Bayliners are crap.. and so are the people who run around in them (in my
experience)

Possibly it is because they are the most common make to be seen just
like Ford Escorts are on the road. To extend your own logic further, all
those Laser dingy owners are a bunch of ******s with no respect for
other boat owners. There are so many of them about that I see a lot of
bad seamanship in them. But of course I don't tar them all with the same
brush...
--
Nick

As I said - "in my experience". It's like the type of car usually fits with
the person who drives it.
I`d reckon most dingy owners drive old volvos?