Tony Brooks

Default A few basic questions

snip

Thanks for the information. I've ordered a map of inland waterways and
I'll decide whether everywhere I might need to get to is accessible with
a 10-12' beam.

Matt

Unless you want to go on the lumpy stuff or a truck, you will find
that the midlands isolate the wide beam northern waterways from the
wide beam southern waterways.

I am not sure about the northern waterways, but the soutern ones will
be bounded by Bristol & Leachlade - Southend, Tonbridge, Guildford,
South of Birmingham, Hertford & Bishops Stortford. The only ways out
are via the Thames or Avon.

The Broads & fens are also wide beam

Threr is talk about opening a wide beam route to the fens, but do not
hold your breath, there is also talk - just talk about openinig up a
wide beam route to the north via Leicester, but as this will require a
couple of boat lifts, I can not see it happening.

Tony Brooks