Ray Norrish

Default Bayliner Boats - Are they any good

"Nick" wrote in message
In article , Ray Norrish
writes
Indeed.
If rec.boats was anything to go by as well. There's a current thread
regarding build quality too.

You get what you pay for. They are one of the cheaper US manufactures,
but I have a 2002 run-about and it is by far better than either of my 3
previous English-built boats.

[snip]

Depends what those 3 "English-built boats" were. Maybe they were just "old"
or badly maintained?
The fact is, irrelevant whether the boat is American or English - that
Bayliners are crap.. and so are the people who run around in them (in my
experience)

Just yesterday, the boat in from of me in the launch queue was a Bayliner,
and I had the experience of watching him wake a load of sailing dingys
inshore. (As they always do - and no.. I`m not making it up.. I see this day
in, day out) must be something like the RS2000 with the spoilers etc.. boy
racer on the sea attitude.

Ray