posted to rec.boats.cruising,alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats
[email protected] Horvath1758@net.net is offline

Default Maptech Offshore Navigator

On Fri, 27 Sep 2013 17:25:37 +0300, injipoint
wrote this crap:

Not a wake, a rooster tail fully 50' high off the stern. We could
see it from 2 miles away.

They do move some water when they go by.

Just curious, how did it take the nuke to go from slow to go?
However, he could have powering up the reactor as he was leaving the
channel and then just powered up the engines when he got clear
sailing. At nuclear electrical power plants it takes days to get to
full power.

Been powering up the reactors for a day probably. They'd never say.
Just switched the power to the engines when he turned.

That must give off one hell of a heat signature. Easily seen by a
satellite for sure.

The N-subs do the same thing, but no rooster tail.

Obviously, that's called cavitation and is easily heard under water.
Subs are made for silence.

They
just go hell for leather so any dickhead on a surfboard
or in a canoe etc who wants to "stop" one for a
photo-shoot has to deal with something that's already doing
20knots "Sorry, couldn't stop in time"

"Scottie, give me full reverse, some dickhead wants a picture."

Don't drink and drive. Unless you have a good cup holder.