posted to rec.boats.cruising,alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats
Sir Gregory Hall, Esq· Sir Gregory Hall, Esq· is offline

Default Maptech Offshore Navigator

I've got this Maptech marine navigation program - have had it for years

http://www.maptechnavigation.com/wat...ator/index.cfm

And, I've got tons of charts, aerial photos etc. It's all installed on my
laptop but my laptop doesn't have built-in GPS so I bought a USB
GPS that works great so now my laptop is a fancy chart/plotter.

Maptech charts are available for all over the world but one must pay
dearly for them. (more on this later)

This is the USB GPS that I bought:

http://www.amazon.com/GlobalSat-BU-3.../dp/B008200LHW

It initializes very fast and wasn't any trouble to install the drivers and
configure the com port info so the Offshore Navigator software can
recognize and utilize it.

Now for my question. Does anybody know what, if any, other charts
besides Maptech charts the Offshore Navigator software can use?
Preferably free charts like the one's NOAA offers.

--
Sir Gregory