slide[_5_] slide[_5_] is offline

Default Just once....

On 9/23/2013 12:12 PM, Sir Gregory Hall, Esq· wrote:
"slide" wrote in message

Fenders? Real sailors anchor out and row a dinghy to shore.

Docks are hazardous to a vessel's topsides and that's why
fenders are used. Now, I ask you, does it make sense to put
your vessel in harm's way knowingly? I say knowingly because
the carrying and use of fenders proves an awareness of the
danger of dock or pier damage.

As for the beard, it makes the guy look like a bum or a Taliban.
If one wants warmth about the face and neck then try using a
scarf. Excessive facial hair is simply uncouth.

I've had more than one situation where the anchorage was full and I
could either wish my supplies on board or tie up at a dock. Also it's a
bit dicey to fuel from an anchorage. Finally, in this fellow's case, his
boat is roughly dingy sized so where would he stow one - in his pocket?

Perhaps I looked like Taliban to you when I was sailing out of New
England but I will accept that to keep my neck warm.