Thread: Round the world
View Single Post
  #27   Report Post  
posted to rec.boats.cruising
external usenet poster

First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Jul 2007
Default Round the world

No Bruce, from New Zealand, through South East Asia, the Red Sea, Med, Caribbean and Pacific.

I am now heading back home to Malaysia and then hopefully up to Japan to meet up there with another solo sailor friend (Jack Curley on Kulkuri) who is in the San Bas Islands of Panama at the moment. I'm looking forward to not having to do the, every few weeks, 8 - 9 hour flight from Sydney to Kuala Lumpur any more.

I have been been working for a couple of years, getting my son into university, getting a divorce (wonderful institution sometimes though painful) and in refurbishing this boat and its gear. All provisions are aboard with cans labelled and vanished etc. I am now almost ready to depart again. Just need to complete a few finishing details and gather the courage to head back out into the open sea. It's always a bit scarey and daunting if you've been at anchor for a while. It would be nicer with a compatible friend but unfortunately all friends have jobs or commitments and my Malaysian friends' kids and nephews, who've spent their school holidays with me on the boat in Sydney and who would love to sail with me, have school. Perhaps when I get to Manila, Palawan or Sabah, I can have the kids for the school holidays. It would be nice to sleep for more than 20 minutes at a time and having great company will be a big plus.

Did you sell the yacht you were working on ( in Phuket if I remember correctly)?

Ciao
Peter
N.Z. Yacht Herodotus