F.O.A.D. F.O.A.D. is offline

Default Higher gun ownership equals higher rate of homicide

On 9/19/13 2:32 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 19 Sep 2013 12:30:32 -0400, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

On 9/19/13 12:10 PM,
wrote:

Not only that the ADA requires that you make accommodations so that
anyone with any kind of handicap has to have access to EVERY part of
your business open to the public.
A case in point. In Ft Myers there was a restaurant with 4 or 5 tables
on a small elevated platform in back that was not accessible. There
were dozens of tables in the same room that were accessible, same
food, same service. The owner was sued out of existence because he
would not remove 12 or more tables to build a ramp.

The only unprotected class in he US is healthy, heterosexual, white,
males.
You can throw then out any time you want.

Awwwwww. Poor baby.

That Ft. Myers restauranteur could have simply removed the platform and
put in four more tables.

It was a structural part of the building, not just a deck.
The building was "historic" and changes were limited.

I suspect that most people in this country have decided that
discrimination of the sort under discussion is not in our national
interest. Women, for example, still only earn 75% of the pay men earn
for doing similar work. Wasn't the Publix supermarket chain in your area
in hot water a decade or so ago for non promoting women to managerial jobs?

I am not sure about that. One of my stores has a woman general manager
and there is a fairly good mix of women department managers around
here.

Maybe that is just an old story

You did notice the phrase "a decade or so ago," right"