Bobsprit

Default fs: 1980 Allied Seawind Mk II 32' in N. Florida

yet, Westsails are going begging on SF area for under $30k, and bunches under
$40K to $50K. Saw a decent W-32 go for $27K in Melbourne, and an undecent one
go for $19K in the keys just four months ago.

Bunches? There aren't bunches of westsails available. Out of 19 listed on
Yachtworld, just 2 are below 40K and they are older examples. A really nice
Westsail usually commands in the area of 35-45K and more if it's a late 70's or
1980's boat. Smart sellers ask for more and then deal. The Allied 2 will
command mid 30s and up for a nice one. After some very good press on these
boats as classic budget blue water boats, thier price jumped. I had the chance
to buy a good one last year at 32K. I could have made another 10K just by
flipping her, but someone in Whitestone beat me to it and did exactly that.

RB

rec.boats.marketplace is a moderated newsgroup. See rules and legal
disclaimer at http://www.algebra.com/rbm