Over40pirate

Default fs: 1980 Allied Seawind Mk II 32' in N. Florida

Pretty boat, but she's a far different animal compared
to the Allied.

that's a fact

I'm surprised she's not sold yet, but some folks shy away from
metal boats. Lots of history for that boat!

he has been trying to push that boat for several years. Even at $42k he
can't
get an offer. I couldn't imagine paying $49k for a Seawind. Four years ago
(near the height of the market) they were asking mid 20's. That one in
Florida
better be sumpin perfect and one no one else has.

Let me ask you sailors, how to value a used sailboat.

I'm the owner of the 38' S&S aluminum sloop. We priced the boat at $54k orig,
then dropped the price to $42k when we moved from OR to FL. The boat needs a
little cosmetic work and a little tlc. If the boat looked like a showroom boat,
we would be asking double the price.
The new broker wants to double the price of the boat, to attract more buyers.
Sometime low prices keep people away. Must be a piece of .... etc.
She really is a strong, safe, and fast boat.
So I ask you captains, what's a fair price for her?
Oh, the reason we are selling her is My boat is in the backyard here in FL (on
the hard) and we don't need 2!

rec.boats.marketplace is a moderated newsgroup. See rules and legal
disclaimer at
http://www.algebra.com/rbm