Mr. Luddite[_2_] Mr. Luddite[_2_] is offline

Default Higher gun ownership equals higher rate of homicide

"F.O.A.D." wrote in message
m...

On 9/18/13 5:31 PM, Boating All Out wrote:

Even worse. I had Walmart pizza for lunch.
Didn't know that many businesses bar firearms in SC.
Now it's Starbucks, but they're only "suggesting" you keep your
firearms
at home.
Though I don't go to Starbucks, I understand they're a big outfit.
Their "suggesting" reminds me of how it went with cigarettes.
Started with something like "We appreciate if you don't smoke here."
We'll see if the NRA responds. Maybe they figure they should keep
their
traps shut on this one.

Maybe Starbucks wants to try to avoid a massacre like that one the gun
nut committed in Seattle a few years ago at Cafe Racer.

The whole thing is stupid. Let's assume some nutcase decides he's
going to shoot up a bunch of people. He decides Starbucks would be a
good place because it's always crowded. Maybe he's even a ****ed off
former employee of Starbucks. So, he gathers his gun, drives to the
local Starbucks, gets to the door and ..... Damm! He can't go in.
They don't allow guns.