Sir Gregory Hall, Esq· Sir Gregory Hall, Esq· is offline

Default Overheating Volvo MD 17C diesel

wrote in message
El domingo, 28 de mayo de 2000 04:00:00 UTC-3, Michael Damgaard escribió:
I have a 20 year old Volvo Penta MD17C diesel engine with overheating
problems. The engine is raw water cooled. I have checked and/or replaced
everything from the thru hull to the manifold. I have run saltaway, vinegar
and muretic acid through the engine. I have little white stream when I start
the engine (which runs pretty well) but it gets into the red zone after I
run it for a while developing much more white smoke. My quess is that the
cooling passageways are plugged up. Any suggestions of other things to try?

//
// I was suffering overheating for years. Beliveme, the only and radical
// solution for this is to take apart cylinder heads and rinse all the the
rust,
// mud et. Mine worhks AOK after doing that (a 27 years engine).Sorry
// about my english.

Right you are sir. There are a couple of copper tubs with small holes in them
that run the length of the head. The cooling water enters the ends of these
tubes and comes out the sides through some relatively small holes. This
distributes the cooling water properly throughout the length of the head.

These tubes become clogged and the only way to really cure the problem
is to remove and replace them or clean them manually if enough metal remains
to be cleaned in the first place.

--
Sir Gregory