[email protected] 3452471@gmail.com is offline

Default Higher gun ownership equals higher rate of homicide

On Tuesday, September 17, 2013 12:20:43 PM UTC-4, jps wrote:
On Tue, 17 Sep 2013 07:59:21 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

You don't have the credentials to make the statements above. After all, you think that people with an academic background magically don't have an agenda when writing a report. How na�ve is that?

It's not naive. The numbers are the numbers. You just don't want to
face facts.

There's absolutely no proof, and very little chance, that the "numbers" in this case are based on reality. As others point out, getting factual data on gun ownership is impossible.

Doesn't have anything to do with laws, just density of ownership (yes,
double entendre).

Clever, but you point out that homicide rate has nothing to do with law. So what's the point of outlawing guns? If someone wants to own one and kill with it, they will regardless of any existing or new law.

Besides, I'll wager that the area I live in has as high or an even higher density of gun ownership than Chicago (gun lovin southerners), but far fewer deaths per capita than same. As the alderman I quoted earlier pointed out, it's not the guns, it's "morality", and that can't be legislated.