Mr. Luddite[_2_] Mr. Luddite[_2_] is offline

Default Apple's new iPhone 5S and IOS 7...

"F.O.A.D." wrote in message
m...

Apple announced two "new" iPhones this week, the 5s and the 5c.

The 5s has a 64-bit processor, an improved camera, and a security turn
on switch that reads your fingerprint. Not enough, probably, for most
owners of the *5* to upgrade. The other new phone is the 5c, which
basically is the current model 5 in a less expensive case.

The latest upgrade to the operating system, IOS 7, gets released to
the
public next week. It has a slew of upgrades and improvements, some
major, some minor, and it is to be distributed for free. In fact, it
already is available widely as a "bootlegged" general release. I like
the new Control Center and a few more features. Some parts of it look
lot different, and will take some getting used to...

-----------------------------

I don't understand the fascination with iPhones. My lawyer buddy is
also an iPhone freak and has to have the latest and greatest,
including whatever software update is current this month. He drives
me nuts with it. To show off, he calls someone named "Siri" and
asks where the nearest Pizza joint is. Wow.

I have a two or three year old cell phone that my wife arranged for
me. It's an Android something. (She has since "upgraded" to an
iPhone.)
Once in a while it will ring. If I happen to hear it, I answer it.
Most of the time it sits on a shelf.