Bobsprit

Default FS: Westsail 32 in Seattle area

the point was the guy purposefully avoided the slightest mention of price. he
required that any and all who might even remotely be interested in his boat to
work at finding out about it. That is an absolute tip-off the seller
believes

I don't get your beef. The price was a mouse click away. It's not like he had
you call him for it. And his price is pretty much average for a good example.
His boat looks and sounds great.
Jax, I'm a broker part time now. I've closed on 8 sailboats in the last 7 weeks
and I know the market. I saw a Westsail sell last season and some of those
boats on Yachtworld are sold. The brokers are lazy about pulling the ads down.
If you can find one like this fellows, with repower and so many mods for
anywhere near the price, snap it up. Westsails in the 30K range tend to have a
LOT of issues. If I had a really nice repowered Westsail I'd ask 45-50 for it
at least. This fellow's boat also has a new oversize tranni and redone
interior. His price is an "asking" price, Jax. A smart buyer doesn't walk away,
even from a high asking price. You never know what's behind it. The asking
price on my C&C 32 was 35.5K. I'm sure glad I kept after it, because I ended up
with her for 16K.
I can't see where bothering this guy, who's done nothing wrong, is helping
anything and I wish him well with his sale. Looks like a damn fine boat and the
repower and bigger tranni are huge items for a serious sailor.

RB

rec.boats.marketplace is a moderated newsgroup. See rules and legal
disclaimer at http://www.algebra.com/rbm