JAXAshby

Default FS: Westsail 32 in Seattle area

my comment was not that he totally hide the price, but rather that he
deliberately hid it from first glance. This is always some amateur con artist
trying to lurk a sucker into paying over market for under market goods.

A friend of mine is actively considering the purchase of a Westsail 32. He has
asked me to help checked each one he might be interested in, and we have
traveled to see two such boats. The first sold from $18.5k, and was worth
about $12k (about 20 people saw the boat with no offers at all, the buyer
buying sight unseen from 800 miles away). The second went from an asking of
$44k to to $37k to $28k in a matter of a short time before selling (it was
worth $28k to $31k).

From long experience, neither I nor my friend will even consider any boat

offered without a price, for such boats are never fairly priced relative to
market value.

Jax, seriously, what are you on about. His website listed the price clearly.
It's a Westsail, not a Catalina. How does it matter, so long as the price is
clearly listed somewhere, which it is?
It's his boat and all prices are "asking" by definition of the seller wants
make a sale.

RB

rec.boats.marketplace is a moderated newsgroup. See rules and legal
disclaimer at http://www.algebra.com/rbm