iBoaterer[_3_] iBoaterer[_3_] is offline

Default Our great capitalist society...

In article ,
says...

On Tue, 3 Sep 2013 09:57:25 -0400, iBoaterer wrote:

No, it's mostly a stigma, people think elevated trains, they think
noise, they think unsafe, etc. Add to that that for some reason beyond
me, there are a LOT of people in the U.S. who just fear and loathe any
new technology.

Elevated trains ARE noisier and if they derail, over a major road,
they are a lot more dangerous.
We are not talking about the Lake Street El here. You want that train
going 150 MPH or more.

Please show me how elevated monorail trains (that IS what we are
discussing here) are any less safe than any other.

BTW you keep saying "innovation" and "new technology" but this is 200
year old technology and every plan I have heard involves buying
existing technology from Europe or Japan. Were is the innovation?

Oh, I forgot, you were the one who claimed that because the automobile
was invented a long time ago, that our cars are the same as the model
T....

So, to answer, slender guideways which not only guide the train, but
give the system it's structural support. Great strides in high speed
guideway switching, and automation. Did you know that a monorail system
can actually be cheaper to build and maintain that a traditional line?

http://www.monorails.org/tmspages/News.html