JustWaitAFrekinMinute JustWaitAFrekinMinute is offline

Default Our great capitalist society...

On 9/3/2013 9:26 AM, Hank© wrote:
On 9/3/2013 9:10 AM, Wayne.B wrote:
On Tue, 03 Sep 2013 08:57:34 -0400, JustWaitAFrekinMinute
wrote:

Roads don't freeze in Florida. Northerners haven't figured out how to
build roads to survive the harsh winters they experience.

The "infrastructure" is not crumbling... I drive all over the place with
a trailer. The roads are fine... the bridges are fine....

===

I agree for the most part. We just got back from a road trip to the
north east and there were no issues in the NY/NJ/CT area other than
the usual heavy traffic. Some of the overpasses on the New York
State Thruway show some signs of rust and corrosion however. There's
no excuse for that since it is a highly profitable toll road but NY
has a good track record for fixing things like that.

Parts of I-81 through Virginia could use some road work and widening.
The truck traffic on the long two lane stretches is slow but part of
that is the fault of the truckers who insist on racing each other
uphill at 45 mph.

Thanks for the road conditions report.

You didn't go far enough up into NY to see the serious infrastructure
rust and decay. Some parts of NY seem to be stuck in the 50s/60s, but
that doesn't stop them from collecting serious tolls, rivaling Illinois.

Sure, CT to Long Island can be tough, if you don't plan your trip around
easy traffic times.... If you are talking "Down Town", that is not
really what I would consider, "infrastructure" in the sense that we are
talking here like highways, and bridges...