iBoaterer[_3_] iBoaterer[_3_] is offline

Default Our great capitalist society...

In article ,
says...

On 9/3/2013 7:51 AM, Hank© wrote:
On 9/2/2013 11:24 PM,
wrote:
On Mon, 02 Sep 2013 14:42:08 -0400, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

I'll betcha if a national poll was taken the majority of people would
prefer spending money on fixing roads and airports in lieu of
building a
rail system network and trains capable of travelling 200+ mph.

The power grid isn't as big of a problem as you may think. Demand has
basically flat lined in the past several years and has actually dropped
in some. Smart grids and energy efficient devices have helped.

Not to worry. Nothing much is happening in refurbishing roads,
bridges, dams, infrastructure.

That must be a North East problem. Florida maintains it's roads
..

BTW who was talking about dams?
The environmentalists want all of them blown up anyway

Roads don't freeze in Florida. Northerners haven't figured out how to
build roads to survive the harsh winters they experience.

The "infrastructure" is not crumbling... I drive all over the place with
a trailer. The roads are fine... the bridges are fine....

Please do tell us, then, about the structural state of bridges that were
never designed for the loads and frequency of travel that they now get.
Of course, you'd much rather make your own idiotic conclusions than get
real data.....

http://t4america.org/resources/bridges/

And here's a GREAT site to ponder:

http://www.infrastructurereportcard....rade-sheet/gpa