Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Seeking Raymarine Raystart RS125 GPS owners in Fernandina Beach FL to Brunswick GA

On Mon, 2 Sep 2013 18:47:00 -0400, " Sir Gregory Hall, Esq·"
åke wrote:

I often marvel at how some people operate fifty-foot motor yachts worth
a million bucks and hanging off the bow is a 30 pound SS Danforth -
in other words, all show and no function. So why does somebody
with half a million dollars worth of motor yacht justify using a cell
phone for navigation??

===

I don't think anyone does that. I sometimes use mine in the dinghy
(protected by a zip lock bag), and it is also one of my numerous back
up devices. The charts are surprisingly decent, and although not as
good as my Furuno/C-map, they are a small fraction of the cost.

As an FYI, we use a 88 pound Rocna on all chain. Great anchor.