Bruce in bangkok Bruce in bangkok is offline

Default Seeking Raymarine Raystart RS125 GPS owners in Fernandina Beach FL to Brunswick GA

On Mon, 02 Sep 2013 18:24:27 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Mon, 02 Sep 2013 13:05:32 -0400, T. Keating
wrote:

Really? An iPhone or Galaxy can display GPS data when out of range of a
cell tower?

Of course they can... They just can't download any maps..

===

Not true. See my previous post re Navionics chart apps.

Please post a reference to your post that you reference above. I ask
as I am using an android phone and it seems to be able to receive and
post GPS signals directly from the satellites.

I am using an application called "OsmAnd" that has the ability to
download and store charts on the phone.

--
Cheers,

Bruce in Bangkok