iBoaterer[_3_] iBoaterer[_3_] is offline

Default Our great capitalist society...

In article ,
says...

On Mon, 2 Sep 2013 12:36:52 -0400, iBoaterer wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Mon, 02 Sep 2013 11:23:19 -0400, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

On 9/2/13 11:11 AM,
wrote:

In this country, we for the most part gave up on rail public
transportation development after WW II.

We discovered air travel.

It requires a minuscule amount of real estate, the noise problems are
very isolated and planes are much faster.

No, for intermediate distances, air is slower. You have to get through
the airport, wait, delay, wait, get on board, wait possibly an hour to
take off, land, etc. etc. For my job, I've found that anything that can
be driven in four hours or less is quicker by car.

Do you think a train station is any quicker? Wait until you have a 2
hour TSA check point delay there too.

Yes, have you ever travelled via high speed rail in Europe? It's very
efficient.

The only reason train stations seem quick these days is there are not
that many people boarding and security is virtually non-existant.

See above.

Most train passengers are commuters, no luggage and relatively few
kids.

Horse****!