Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Our great capitalist society...

On Mon, 02 Sep 2013 11:43:26 -0400, wrote:

On Mon, 02 Sep 2013 11:16:30 -0400, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

On 9/2/13 10:27 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

Yeah, I've heard and read every excuse here for at least the last 20
years. The fact remains that in the operation of high speed trains,
we're still in the caboose.

NIMBY
Would you want a 150 MPH train running by your house?

===

I don't think that's it because there are already plenty of
established right-of-ways that could be utilized. It's probably more
a perception, probably accurate, that most americans would rather
drive if at all possible. When I was living and working in the NYC
area it was almost always easier, and about as fast, to drive to
Philly, DC or Boston even though there are decent rail links. The
only exception was if you were traveling to a downtown location which
was usually not the case. I think it will take a radical change in
fuel prices and/or availability to change that thinking.