Sir Gregory Hall, Esq· Sir Gregory Hall, Esq· is offline

Default Seeking Raymarine Raystart RS125 GPS owners in Fernandina Beach FL to Brunswick GA

"Flying Pig" wrote in message
Seeking Raymarine Raystart RS125 GPS owners in Fernandina Beach FL to
Brunswick GA

Our RS125 GPS is no longer communicating with any of our instruments. We
are trying to work through the Raymarine forum, to little effect, to
troubleshoot this device.

If you have a pole, rail, or other accessible-mount (all you have to do is
twist to remove) RS125, I'd love to be able to bring my unit to your boat to
see if it works. Replacing yours with ours and lighting up your gear would
define whether our problem was in the sensor or elsewhere - and we've not
had any success in defining as bad an "elsewhere" in our system.

What communication interface does it use? The usual NMEA 0183?

If so you could hook it up to a laptop that has that connector and see if
the laptop receives any output from it. I suspect your NMEA 0183
com port has failed. Might even be a software failure and not a hardware
failure.

Have you upgraded the instrument's O/S lately. If so roll it back to
see if the com port works again.

--
Sir Gregory