F.O.A.D. F.O.A.D. is offline

Default Do I need this?

On 8/22/13 10:01 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 22 Aug 2013 21:24:25 -0400, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

On 8/22/13 9:18 PM,
wrote:
On Thu, 22 Aug 2013 20:20:29 -0400, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

Liability insurance may mean that those who are shot by guns owned by
people with coverage may be entitled to some sort of compensation. That
seems reasonable.

Paid for by everyone, even those who don't own guns. That is what
insurance is.

Now there's an idea...force gun owners to get liability insurance and
then let everyone who isn't a gun owner know they are subsidizing the
gun owners.

Liability Insurance is just a way to make lawyers rich. It figures you
want more of it.
Maybe we should tell everyone who pays for liability insurance that
lawyers get a third to a half of all claims for basically doing
nothing but driving up the amount of the claim. That does not include
the money the insurance company lawyer gets, effectively making the
cost of the claim about 3-4 times as much as the injured party ends up
with.,

Now get out your checkbook and pay that insurance bill, sucker.

Uh huh. So I suppose you don't have liability insurance on your car or
homeowners insurance in case someone is injured on your property, right?