posted to alt.sailing.boats.crew
[email protected] chrisjbrady@gmail.com is offline

Default Tall ships documentary

On Wednesday, 3 January 2001 11:32:02 UTC, wrote:
The article mentioned is -

"Tall Ship TV series begins filming -
Life Network chronicles voyage of the Picton Castle"

12/18/2000

by Staff - Tall Ships Newswire

TORONTO, CANADA

Senior Vice President of Programming for Life Network, Barbara
Williams, announced that filming has begun on Tall Ship Chronicles, a
26-part, cinema-verité documentary series that follows the real-life
experiences of 45 crewmembers, working and living aboard a tall ship
sailing around the world for 19 months. Among the crew of the Picton
Castle will be Canadian TV host, writer and journalist Andrew
Younghusband.

Last week, the three-masted barque Picton Castle departed from
Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, heading for the Panama Canal.

... snip ...

The rest of the article may be found at www.boats.com or
www.tallshipsnewswire.com

Apparently 'Tall Ship Chronicles' will debut on Life Network in summer
2001.

The Picton Castle website is www.picton-castle.com

Chris B.

In article ,
Sean G wrote:
I just finished reading a piece on Boats.com's site about an around-

the-
world documentary "Tall Ship Chronicles." Sounds very exciting, and

it's
got me thinking that I'd like to see other documentaries about tall
ships. Any suggestions?

=SG=

Tallship Chronicles - videos

This was a reality t.v. show from Canada about life on board the tallship Picton Castle during an 18 month long round-the-world voyage. It was made in the early 2000s.

Part 2 is about the voyage from Panama to the Galapagos - which I actually sailed a few years' ago on the HM Bark Endeavour!! Life on that was as tough as on the PC.

Someone has found a set of videos of the Tallship Chronicles show - and has given them to me. Unfortunately episodes 9 and 10 were missing.

The show was broadcast by the Canadian BC, and maybe on PBS or Discovery. And I know in Europe and South Africa it has been on the Travel Channel. And so someone in the world-wide tallship fraternity might just have a set.

Please could you ask around for me? Thank you. And if anyone can loan me these 'missing' episodes I would be very, very, grateful please.

Many thanks Chris B.