Califbill Califbill is offline

Default Looks like ammo is becoming more available...

Tim wrote:
On Friday, August 2, 2013 4:18:20 PM UTC-5, John H wrote:
On Fri, 2 Aug 2013 16:54:08 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

"John H" wrote in message

http://www.natchezss.com/index.cfm

John (Gun Nut) H.

---------------------------------

I stopped over to my favorite gun shop this morning and noticed that

for the first time in many months, the ammo shelves were much better

stocked.

They still have a purchase limit, but at least they have some. I

need to bring my glasses though. Grabbed a box of what I thought were

.357 cal but fortunately the shop owner is familiar with what I buy.

The box was actually .327 cal .... something I've never heard of.

While I was there I happened to notice an unusual handgun in the used

case and asked to see it. Turns out it was a first series, 1921 Colt

"Woodsman" .22 cal semi-automatic. Actually, it's referred to as the

"pre-Woodsman" because Colt didn't put the name "Woodsman" on them

until after 1926. One thing led to another and it's now part of my

collection.

http://tinyurl.com/kx8u87v

I like it. Looks like it'll be fun to shoot also. I'd never heard of
.327 caliber either. A friend

was telling me today of shooting his Winchester .44-40 rifle. That's
another I'd never heard of.

While down at Solomons last week I let one of the grandsons practice
field stripping the Marlin Mod

59 .22 semi-auto rifle. He was totally thrilled. I couldn't let him take
it home because they didn't

have a way to lock it up. The gun case I ordered came today,so I'll give
it to the dad this weekend.

Dad and son are thrilled.

John (Gun Nut) H.

--

Hope you're having a great day!

My aunt used to have a 5 shot Smith in 32. Kind of obsolete and rare. I
wonder if this a re-intro of the same cartridge?

The 1866 Winchester, The Yellow Boy, was .44-40. Several guns were
chambered for it, including some pistols. Was .44 bore with 40 grains of
black power powering the round. There were .44 caliber cap and ball
pistols and they only required the cylinders to be modified to fire the
Winchester cartridge.