Tim Tim is offline

Default Looks like ammo is becoming more available...

On Friday, August 2, 2013 4:18:20 PM UTC-5, John H wrote:
On Fri, 2 Aug 2013 16:54:08 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

"John H" wrote in message

.. .

http://www.natchezss.com/index.cfm

John (Gun Nut) H.

---------------------------------

I stopped over to my favorite gun shop this morning and noticed that

for the first time in many months, the ammo shelves were much better

stocked.

They still have a purchase limit, but at least they have some. I

need to bring my glasses though. Grabbed a box of what I thought were

.357 cal but fortunately the shop owner is familiar with what I buy.

The box was actually .327 cal .... something I've never heard of.

While I was there I happened to notice an unusual handgun in the used

case and asked to see it. Turns out it was a first series, 1921 Colt

"Woodsman" .22 cal semi-automatic. Actually, it's referred to as the

"pre-Woodsman" because Colt didn't put the name "Woodsman" on them

until after 1926. One thing led to another and it's now part of my

collection.

http://tinyurl.com/kx8u87v

I like it. Looks like it'll be fun to shoot also. I'd never heard of .327 caliber either. A friend

was telling me today of shooting his Winchester .44-40 rifle. That's another I'd never heard of.

While down at Solomons last week I let one of the grandsons practice field stripping the Marlin Mod

59 .22 semi-auto rifle. He was totally thrilled. I couldn't let him take it home because they didn't

have a way to lock it up. The gun case I ordered came today,so I'll give it to the dad this weekend.

Dad and son are thrilled.

John (Gun Nut) H.

--

Hope you're having a great day!

My aunt used to have a 5 shot Smith in 32. Kind of obsolete and rare. I wonder if this a re-intro of the same cartridge?