John H[_2_] John H[_2_] is offline

Default Looks like ammo is becoming more available...

On Fri, 2 Aug 2013 16:54:08 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
.. .

http://www.natchezss.com/index.cfm

John (Gun Nut) H.

---------------------------------

I stopped over to my favorite gun shop this morning and noticed that
for the first time in many months, the ammo shelves were much better
stocked.
They still have a purchase limit, but at least they have some. I
need to bring my glasses though. Grabbed a box of what I thought were
.357 cal but fortunately the shop owner is familiar with what I buy.
The box was actually .327 cal .... something I've never heard of.

While I was there I happened to notice an unusual handgun in the used
case and asked to see it. Turns out it was a first series, 1921 Colt
"Woodsman" .22 cal semi-automatic. Actually, it's referred to as the
"pre-Woodsman" because Colt didn't put the name "Woodsman" on them
until after 1926. One thing led to another and it's now part of my
collection.

http://tinyurl.com/kx8u87v

I like it. Looks like it'll be fun to shoot also. I'd never heard of .327 caliber either. A friend
was telling me today of shooting his Winchester .44-40 rifle. That's another I'd never heard of.

While down at Solomons last week I let one of the grandsons practice field stripping the Marlin Mod
59 .22 semi-auto rifle. He was totally thrilled. I couldn't let him take it home because they didn't
have a way to lock it up. The gun case I ordered came today,so I'll give it to the dad this weekend.
Dad and son are thrilled.

John (Gun Nut) H.
--

Hope you're having a great day!