Jere Lull

Default Yanmar 2GM won't run at top speed - not the prop

Marc Auslander wrote:

I'm pretty sure the prop is NOT the problem. I've looked at it in the
water, and its clean. And its the same prop that got to full speed
last year. Should have put that on my initial list - sorry and thanks
for the reminder.

How about the boat speed? Is it the same or nearly? You *are* doing
this with a moving boat? (Ours is limited while at the dock though we
get our 3500 target while moving.)

Other than that, from the list that you first gave, it sure sounds like
when we had a mostly plugged fuel filter..... The engine would wind up
to a certain point and no further. In our case, advancing past that made
the revs drop fairly quickly, killed the engine, and sucked air in, but
you might have a tighter system or less constriction...

--
Jere Lull