Sir Gregory Hall, Esq· Sir Gregory Hall, Esq· is offline

Default No massive refit at all

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Mon, 22 Jul 2013 16:59:04 -0400, " Sir Gergory Hall, Esq·"
åke wrote:

Regarding Message-ID:

Dear Capt. Skippy,

We real sailors never have the need for a massive refit
and if, heaven forbid, we did have such a need, due to
some extraordinary circumstance, even so, it would be
an admission of sloth and other such lubberly traits.

So what do we real sailors do as everybody knows nothing
is forever and breakage and routine maintenance is a fact
of life? Well, we real sailors live aboard and we never allow
the type of decrepitude that requires a massive refit.
Instead, we spend our time daily doing the required upkeep
and routine maintenance so as to never require a massive
refit. We have our priorities straight and our ducks in a row.
We can't abide anything other than shipshape and Bristol
Fashion.

Real sailors would be mortified to admit they required a
massive refit. Even pretend sailors should have the
common sense and sense of pride to never give a blow
by blow account of a massive refit in Internet discussion
groups because doing so is a public admission of lubberly
incompetence. If one is incompetent and lubberly, the
very least one can do is have the decency to not claim
to be a sailor.

===

Sir Gredory, as a self proclaimed "real sailor", I am shocked and
appalled that we did not see you in the Caribbean last winter with all
of the other real sailors (RS). There were RS from all over the
world, some in boats barely larger than "The Mustard Gas". Many had
gone transatlantic from Europe, some single handed. Those guys are
truly RS, and they clearly and demonstrably have the RS (Right
Stuff).

Please see my reply to Bruce at the Bangkok Dock!

--
Sir Gregory