Doug Dotson

Default Amp Gauge - Can it's range be modified

Typical ammeter and voltmeter aren't really very useful other than
getting a very general idea of battery status. Analog meters
(with needles) are particularly poor. Something like a Link 10,
or E-Meter (same thing) is a much better investment.

Doug

"Gary Warner" wrote in message

I have purchased some gauges (Amp, Tach, Oil Pressure, Water Temp) all

from
the same company (Classic Instruments) because I liked the look of them

for
our boat. Problem is the ammeter range is -60 AMPS to +60 AMPS. On my
little boat the max amp draw even with everything running is probably

under
20 amps and more like 5 or 10 most times.

Is there any easy & safe way to modify the gauge to change it's range?

The company does not offer any other range options for this gauge.

Thanks.
Gary