F.O.A.D. F.O.A.D. is offline

Default A bit of reality for the...

On 7/15/13 8:06 PM, Eisboch wrote:

"F.O.A.D." wrote in message
m...

On 7/15/13 7:36 PM, Eisboch wrote:

"F.O.A.D." wrote in message ...

On 7/15/13 6:31 PM, Eisboch wrote:

"F.O.A.D." wrote in message
m...

...bottom feeders:

http://tinyurl.com/oz4b4jw

You think Martin Bashir is a "mainstream" journalist?

Thanks for the laugh.

He spent years as a newsman for the BBC and for ABC, and hosted
Nightline for a while. That's all pretty mainsteam.

---------------------------------

I guess it all depends on one's point of reference.

Personally, I'd like to see Bashir and Piers Morgan deported back to the
mother country.

Well, we were discussing "mainstream." His employment record includes
reasonable stints as a journalist at mainstream outlets. He's won a
number of pretty significant journalism awards.

That you apparently don't like him is a separate issue, no?

I certainly don't view him as representing a "mainstream" philosophy or
agenda relative to mainstream America. He's hard left, almost as far
as Morgan.
It irks me sometimes to find both of them being so critical of our
society and culture while they cash their fat paychecks.

It's entertainment for some. It's bull**** for most.

I'm not sure what a definition of "mainstream philosophy/agenda" might
be in the United States these days. But whatever it is, it probably
isn't pretty. As for being hard left, I think Bashir is only a bit left
of center. The right seems to be where the House Republicans are, which,
from a rational perspective, is way out there.

I don't watch Morgan and know nothing about him. My dance card of
commentators is full, so I'm not sure I even care.

As far as them being foreigners and commenting on what we do here, that
doesn't bother me nearly as much as, say, Bush and Cheney saying they
don't like what Iraq or Afghanistan are doing, and deciding to invade.