F.O.A.D. F.O.A.D. is offline

Default Because the U.S. Senate needs...

On 7/10/13 12:18 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 10 Jul 2013 06:42:08 -0400, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

On 7/9/13 9:48 PM,
wrote:

Didn't you guys elect Michael Steele?

(the first black person to ever be elected to state wide office in Md)

You'll have to explain what Michael Steele's election has to do with the
election of societal morons like Palin, Cruz, and Paul. Steele is pretty
smart and unlike many prominent Republican politicians, has evolved over
the years and might be considered almost (I hesitate to say it) a
right-leaning moderate.

He ran a couple of pretty nasty campaigns a few cycles ago and lost. If
he ever decides to run again, I think he will do it differently.

At least I got you to admit all republicans are not horrible. You
don't like republicans from conservative states, simply because you
are very partisan against anyone who doesn't think big unions and an
overbearing government is a good thing. It is typical of those in big,
coastal cities but most of the country (by geography) disagrees. You
only have to look at the red/blue map to see it.

Uh, no. I don't like Republicans like Palin, Cruze, Gomert, Graham,
Paul, et al, because they are demagogue assholes. I'm not aware of the
feelings of the aforementioned in labor unions and "overbearing"
government, since all of them suck mightily on the government teat
whenever they can.

I like Michael Steele because he speaks out well for his position and
for the need for compromise and governing effectively. That could get
him elected in Maryland, but not in the dumbed down Republican states.

I worked on a few speeches for a well-known Republican conservative U.S.
Senator after he left office. I worked on a couple of Republican
campaigns when I was in high school. I did some work for a Republican
gubernatorial candidate and a Republican secretary of state candidate
when I lived in West Virginia. I helped hire a Republican state
assemblyman as a lobbyist when I worked for the National Education
Association.

Of course, they weren't bat**** crazy "modern" Republicans.