[email protected] Phantman00@gmail.com is offline

Default Navigation question (Projecting a waypoint w/GPS)

On Fri, 28 Jun 2013 16:54:34 -0700 (PDT), Flying Pig
wrote:
I think this issue that has your point not ending up at the same north position could be resolved by plotting a waypoint at the same latitude but however far out you want it.
Then plot locations to reach that point on the line to the waypoint.
I'd bet you found that it worked slowly north to a point, then curved back south, to the waypoint. The further north you do this exercise, the more deviation from the starting and ending latitudes you'll find.
My two cents, anyway :{))
L8R
Skip

I agree with what you're saying here. But I wasn't trying to find the
shortest distance between two points (the "great circle route"). My
problem had more to do with following a particular latitude (the
"great scenic route" :-)
Got it sorted out now though, thanks.