Eisboch[_8_] Eisboch[_8_] is offline

Default Barbecue Grill Advice - Could Be On Topic

"F.O.A.D." wrote in message
news
On 6/24/13 8:30 AM, Eisboch wrote:

"John H" wrote in message

On Mon, 24 Jun 2013 07:34:48 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Mon, 24 Jun 2013 01:08:25 -0400, wrote:

This is just a pulse width controller from a stove burner that
pulses
the power.

===

I think I'm hearing the electrical noise from that up here on my
SSB
radio. :-)

Actually, if you know the secret, it's pretty simple:

http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/SecretsOfArduinoPWM

Eisboch's probably got a couple of these out back in the shed. Just
hook
it up to the old Brinkman
and away you go:

http://tinyurl.com/mxcp93p

John (Gun Nut) H.

Being the nerd I am, I have to comment:

Pulse width modulation is how the "Super Audio" CD's were made and
are
vastly superior to conventional CD's in terms of fidelity, dynamic
range
and sound reproduction. Don't hear about them much anymore due to
the
general interest in quantity over quality in music reproduction and
storage. I still have a super cd player hooked up to a fairly
decent
sound system. "Sultans of Swing" by Dire Straits never sounded so
good. It really shines if you get in the mood for a little "hi
brow"
classical music as well.

Hmm. I've got the "Brothers in Arms" super audio CD somewhere. Sounds
great.

Only if you play it on a super cd player. I am not sure (can't
remember) if a conventional CD player will play super cds. I know a
super cd player will play both. The super cd players were (are?)
unique to Sony, I believe.